Since Minus40 was founded back in the year 2000 with a staff of two, we have followed the principles of sound engineering, least environmental impact and lowest operating costs to guide the jobs we do. Quality, safety and reliability are never compromised in this quest. Even with a much larger team today, Minus40 remains committed to the same core values
The Minus40 Group diversified in 2017. The original engineering activities are now provided by Minus40 Engineers and a new company Minus40 Projects was formed to deliver energy efficiency and integrated systems projects that often flow from investigations and studies done by the engineering group.
The engineering team combines many decades of both Australian and international experience and training among its staff. Expertise covers the fields of refrigeration, process cooling & heating, industrial and commercial HVAC, heat recovery and heat pumps, thermal and energy storage, and solar energy integration. Across these fields, the focus on energy efficiency and sustainability remains paramount to what we do.
Minus40 is engaged with multiple industry associations locally and internationally:
- Energy Efficiency Council – Minus40 company membership and 2013, 2015 and 2016 award winner
- International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration (IIAR)
- Refrigeration Engineers and Technicians Association (RETA) – Minus40 helps delivery RETA accredited ammonia plant operator training in Australia
- Refrigerated Warehouse and Transport Association (RWTA) – Minus40 associate membership. Minus40 joined the RWTA Energy Efficiency committee in October 2010 and has been an active contributor ever since.
- Australian Refrigeration Association (ARA) – founding member
- Facilities Management Association (FMA)
Minus40 is constantly seeking new technologies and new answers for challenges faced by our clients, and we seek to find solutions that are energy efficient and environmentally benign whilst meeting financial performance targets.This is supported by multiple internal research projects and field trials with forward-looking clients, exploring these new solutions.The company is well-placed to recommend the best combination of innovative and cutting edge solutions for most heating and cooling challenges, as is evidenced by the string of awards received by Minus40.